rfXcel, a pioneer in serialization, traceability, and DSCSA and global compliance in the private cloud for the Life Sciences industry, announced the release of the latest edition of its compliance and serialization platform that furthers its product leadership position. The latest product release dramatically improves scalability to handle hundreds of millions of serial numbers and expands the breadth of global compliance solutions to include both China and South Korea.
The platform enhancements further build on industry-leading serialization and traceability capabilities and provide numerous benefits, enabling customers to take advantage of dramatic scale, security and functionality improvements.
Agile Architecture to Meet Any Serialization Demand:
The release includes improved architecture and scalability so each software instance can now seamlessly create, manage allocate and store hundreds of millions of individual and aggregated serial numbers. The latest regulatory requirements now require robust serialization processing, and the rfXcel platform has been thoroughly vetted to address the latest industry requirements. Highly configurable serial number generation functionality has been bolstered to meet varying global and customer-specific serialization requirements, and serial numbers can also now be generated and allocated in larger ranges to enhance and improve serial number randomization.
The latest update also enhances and improves the logic behind existing bar code scanning functionality. Data received from a bar code scanner can now automatically be directed to multiple fields, eliminating any potential data entry errors. And by using smart logic, only relevant information from bar codes is parsed, such as GTIN, expiration, lot numbers and of course, serial numbers.
Expansive Global Compliance Offering:
The latest platform enhancements provide comprehensive compliance with all South Korea and China regulations and reporting requirements, including events reporting, serial number lookup and central reporting in the required format to China’s central agency. The release also provides a flexible framework to meet upcoming global compliance requirements, such as the EU and Saudi Arabia. And while Brazil has postponed its deadline, the release includes all functionality to meet Brazilian compliance requirements in the event customers want to begin testing. As with all country compliance modules, each country solution is delivered in one comprehensive, integrated platform.
Overall Ease of Use:
- Easier integration for rework and Edge Systems using newly created API’s.
- On-demand PDF generation of incoming ASN’s.
- Easier to find and attach ASN’s to receipts.
- Automatically create new customers and facility locations (and/or update information for each) during file processing and automatically create and send corresponding customer portal or rfXchange login credentials for each new customer created.
- Easier to send and match EPCIS standard fields with organizations who do not necessarily conform 100% to EPCIS data standards.
- Enhanced login and password rules also provide additional peace of mind and security to ensure proper permission and privilege for each registered user is authorized.
- Expanded reporting includes batch summary, inventory summary and error handling reports (that contain quantities) for deeper insight.
- The enhancements also give customers even more flexibility and help make the product easier to use. The new and improved functionality includes:
With a focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience, rfXcel is also expanding its product development team to build out the next generation of platform functionality.
“We invested a significant amount of resources to make the latest improvements to the rfXcel Traceability System™ (rTS). By improving the core architecture, system performance and the ability to scale, these platform improvements allow us to not only improve the existing user experience and handle the needs of current customers, but also allows the system to easily handle an exponential increase in serial number volume,” commented Atul Mohidekar, CTO and SVP of Operations at rfXcel. “rTS is continually improving to deliver a platform that is more flexible, scalable, secure and reliable—exactly what life sciences companies are demanding. These latest improvements simply reinforce our product leadership position and commitment to our customers.”