The world market for pharmaceutical packaging is forecast to grow 4.1 percent through 2021, faster than any other packaging segment, according to PMMI’s “Global Trends Impacting the Market for Packaging Machinery 2018” report.
As the worldwide life sciences market becomes increasingly larger and more complex, PMMI presents Healthcare Packaging EXPO (Oct. 14–17, 2018, McCormick Place, Chicago), co-located with PACK EXPO International.
At least two dozen of the top pharma companies send representatives from a wide range of job functions that include corporate, general, plant and project managers, engineers and production supervisors, operations and quality control officials, package designers, brand managers and marketers, logistics and supply chain brand managers, and purchasers.
Not to Miss
- Pack’r (Booth S-1536): The explosion-proof PR1500 semi-automatic pallet drum filler capper.
- Kawasaki (Booth N-4943): duAro, a dual-armed horizontal articulated robot.
- Nulogy (Booth E-10605): End-to-end contract packaging operations.
- Rena by Neopost (Booth S-4051): New MACH 6 digital color printer.
Exhibitors include equipment, product and service providers, logistics suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
Among the supply chain topics and solutions addressed at the show will be automation, continuous processing, cleaning and sterilization, cold chain logistics, commissioning, qualification and validation, dose processing, quality control, and track-and-trace.
Special Show Features
- The PACKage Printing Pavilion: New for 2018, the pavilion will feature digital advantages for short-run, on-demand, cost-effective variable data and personalized packaging.
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion: The focus is on reusable products, services, and solutions for increasing sustainability across the supply chain.
- ‘PACK Gives BACK’: Sponsored by Rockwell Automation, the October 15 networking event supports PACK EXPO Scholarships.
- The Forum at PACK EXPO: Interactive presentations throughout the show will feature 20-minute open sessions on industry trends.
- Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network: Breakfast meeting Oct. 16 serves to recruit, retain, and advance women in processing and packaging.
- The Innovation Stage: Free, 30-minute seminars on breakthrough technologies.
Participation and Registration
The show will bring together more than 300 exhibitors and 10,000 pharma professionals.
Registration, which includes access to both PACK EXPO International 2018 and Healthcare Packaging EXPO 2018, is $30 until Sept. 28, after which the price increases to $100. To register online, visit packexpointernational.com or hcpechicago.com.
About the Author
Sean Riley is Senior Director, Media and Industry Communications, at PMMI.
This story can also be found in the September/October 2018 issue of Pharmaceutical Processing.