pSivida Corp. announced the addition of 13 U.S. and foreign issued patents and allowed applications since the start of 2016.
This brings the total number of patents issued and applications allowed in the Company’s intellectual property portfolio to 42 in the U.S. and 191 in foreign jurisdictions. An additional 108 applications are pending in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions.
Paul Ashton, Ph.D., president and CEO of pSivida, said, “Protection of our intellectual property continues to be extremely important to us. We have successfully secured intellectual property protection for our three FDA-approved products providing sustained drug delivery to the back of the eye and are working to build a solid patent foundation for future products.”
The 13 new patents issued and applications allowed include:
- Two in the U.S. (both for Tethadur, pSivida’s large-molecule sustained-release delivery technology)
- Eight in foreign jurisdictions (a total of five for Tethadur in Japan, China and Australia; one for the Medidur injector each in Japan and Hong Kong; and one for Medidur in Japan – Medidur is pSivida’s small molecule sustained release delivery technology)
- Three design patents for the new smaller needle injector (two in Australia and one in Europe).
With these patents, pSivida’s intellectual property portfolio of issued patents and allowed applications consists of:
- 10 U.S. and 82 foreign for Durasert
- 27 U.S. and 88 foreign for Tethadur
- 5 U.S. and 21 foreign for other pSivida technologies