CULVER CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jul 16, 2015–NantHealth, a subsidiary of NantWorks, LLC, today announced it has completed the acquisition of Harris Corporation’s (NYSE:HRS) commercial Healthcare Solutions business, a clinical systems integration innovator. Harris retained its government healthcare services business.
NantHealth’s existing cOS, eviti and omics platforms, combined with Harris’ FusionFX® suite of products, delivers on the promise of whole health systems integration and revolutionizes the patient-clinician experience by bringing molecular medicine insights directly to the point-of-care. The acquisition follows closely on the heels of NantHealth’s strategic alliance with Allscripts and their dbMotion semantics engine. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The acquisition of Harris Healthcare Solutions, our largest transaction to date, brings unique and proven technology with a large global footprint that significantly furthers our stated goal to improve patient outcomes by efficiently providing physicians with integrated, clinically relevant patient-centric information in real-time,” said Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, Executive Chairman and Founder of NantHealth. “At the same time, we have added an extensive client base of leading clinical and health IT innovators across North America and Europe, as well as a talented and experienced leadership team. The transaction represents a strategic step toward realizing our vision of providing personalized, precision medicine across the continuum of care.”
The FusionFX® platform builds and markets disruptive technology that provides next-generation health information exchange, interoperability, and insights to healthcare organizations around the world. The solutions enable healthcare organizations to integrate disparate data sources and leverage existing IT investments to create cross-organizational, cross-system, cross-continuum of care processes and workflows. Its scalable platform eliminates redundancies and administrative legwork and improves quality of care by streamlining access to the right information at the right time.
“Harris Healthcare Solutions has proven solutions over a large customer base with a global presence. The business has already demonstrated how to successfully tackle the industry’s number one IT challenge: the seamless integration of disparate systems to present an accurate and complete view of patient data. Together, the combined entity can accelerate our shared vision of revolutionizing the patient-clinician experience by bringing new medical insights to the point of care,” said Bob Watson, President of NantHealth.
HCS is a trusted partner to more than 75 clients and 100,000 clinicians worldwide. Strategic partners testify to HCS’s trusted presence in the marketplace, the technology’s value and the ability to link sophisticated and diverse IT environments. HCS collaborates with many of the industry’s most innovative health systems including Advocate Health Care, Kaiser Permanente, Allina Health, Presence Health, Cleveland Clinic, University Health Network, National Health System (NHS), with key international channel partnerships with British Telecom (UK) and TELUS (Canada). Harris’ application suite is driving some of the world’s largest clinically integrated networks such as to the coordination of care across the province of Ontario, Canada. Included in this suite is FusionOS™, a Service Oriented Architecture (SoA) interoperability platform originally developed to rapidly integrate clinical applications across the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Department of Defense.
“We are excited to join forces with NantHealth,” said Vishal Agrawal, MD, former President, Harris Healthcare Solutions and now, Senior Vice President at NantHealth. “Together, we become a healthcare informatics powerhouse with the resources and scale to deliver even greater value to our clients. Moreover, our combined technology solutions connect molecular medicine, to clinical care and to the patient’s home.”
Advanced Technology Platform
HCS brings to NantHealth the industry’s most advanced community wide, vendor-neutral clinical collaboration suite. The platform includes:
A. FusionFX® – Delivering patient-centric healthcare
- Health information exchange: Produces a 360-degree view of the patient’s entire health information at the point of care in near real time irrespective of the source system where the data is captured/archived
- Provider portal: Supports clinical and administrative workflows for care teams across a community and across EHR systems. Accelerates productivity through user customized views of health information
- Patient portal: Incorporates the patient (or their proxy) as a full member of the care team through common workflow capabilities. Addresses Meaningful Use requirements across any EHR system deployed in the community
- Referral Management: Coordinates care transitions in a community of disparate EHRs to improve follow-up compliance and reduce out-of-network utilization
- Secure messaging: Promotes collaboration across the care team via the Direct protocol with “one-click,” full context access to relevant patient health information
- Context management: Enables easy movement between EHR and FusionFX functions
B. FusionOS™ – Driving interoperability and innovation
- Unique know-how built from advanced industry expertise
- Tailored to healthcare through federal funding of DoD-VA interoperability
- Convening industry consortium to deploy cloud-based operating system
C. FusionIQ™ – Enhancing performance and productivity
- Technology originated at Cleveland Clinic
- Exclusive risk-adjusted benchmarks from more than 100 leading clinical organizations
- Deployed across more than 25 health systems
NantHealth’s acquisition adds 170 new associates at locations including Washington, DC, Cleveland, OH, Melbourne, FL, Phoenix, AZ and London, UK.