The second day of INTERPHEX 2016 consisted of another great set of INTERPHEX Live panels—including CMOs and the manufacturing of controlled substances, drug shortages, biosimilars, single-use technologies, and more.
Moderated by Russ Somma, PhD, President of SommaTech LLC, an affiliated consulting company of IPS, INTERPHEX Live panels ran throughout the three days of INTERPHEX (4/26-4/28) and featured a variety of experts immersed in the industry. INTERPHEX Live was sponsored by Pharmaceutical Processing.
The six panels on the second day of INTERPHEX 2016 were as follows:
1. What you Need to Know: CMOs and the Manufacture of Controlled Substances
- David Mayers, President, WellSpring Pharma Services
- Mike Valazza, VP Global Business Development, Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Lisa Thimmesch, Director, Pfizer CentreOne
2. SAQS: A Novel Manufacturing Approach to Addressing Drug Shortages and Assuring a Sustainable Supply of Vitally Needed Medicines
- Stephen Spielberg, MD, PhD, CEO/President SAQS Alliance, Secure Affordable Quality Supply – SAQSTM Alliance
3. Biosimilars: A Year Later
- Parrish M. Galliher, CTO, Upstream, GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- Mani Krishnan, VP Technical Services & Scientific Affairs, Pall Corporation
- Racho Jordanov, Co-founder, President and CEO, JHL Biotech, Inc.
4. Large-Scale Continuous Processing in the Age of Single-Use
- Lynne Frick, Director Sales, Continuous Bioprocessing, The Americas, Pall Life Sciences, Biopharmaceutical Division
- Marc Bisschops, PhD, Principal Scientist, Biopharm, Pall Life Sciences
5. Best Practices for a Successful Serialization Implementation
- Benoit Maheux, Product Manager, Serialization Team Leader, OPTEL VISION
- Frank Guthrie, Director of Operations/Serialization, Apace Packaging
6. Overcoming Facility Upgrade Challenges
- Barry Holtz, Principal Consultant, Holtz Biopharma Consulting
- Geoff Middleton, Architect, cGMA, Inc.
- John Gilroy, PE, SVP & Principal, IPS –Integrated Project Services
- David Marks, PE, President and Principal Consultant, DME
At the end of each day of the show, Russ and I met for a show wrap up video to discuss some of the highlights from the INTERPHEX Live discussions that day.
Check it out!