It was another great year for the International Pharmaceutical Expo (INTERPHEX), a trade show dedicated to pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovation, technology, and knowledge from development through commercialization, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City on April 26-28.
Back by popular demand, INTERPHEX Live hosted a number of hot-topic discussions, such as continuous processing and managing FDA audits, and featured industry experts from companies such as Johnson & Johnson, GE Healthcare Life Sciences, Patheon, and many more. INTERPHEX Live was moderated by Russ Somma, PhD, President of SommaTech LLC, an affiliated consulting company of IPS.
Here are the six panels from the first day of INTERPHEX 2016:
1. Tunable Continuous Processing: Reacting to Market Demand
- Lawrence De Belder, Senior Principal Engineer Continuous Manufacturing, Johnson & Johnson
- Eric Jayjock, PhD, Director of Continuous Manufacturing, Patheon
- Andrew Christofides, Lead Engineer, Global Strategy and Technology, IPS – Integrated Project Services
2. Implementing AR/VR in Bio/Pharma Development and Manufacturing
- Gary Pignata, Partner, Apprentice Field Suite
- Angelo Stracquatanio, Co-Founder, Apprentice Field Suite
- Lance Anderson, Vice President – Enterprise, Vuzix Corporation
- Patrick C. Ho, CEO, Rochester Optical
3. BioProcess Intensification: Doing More with Less
- Ken Clapp, Senior Manager – Applications and Integration, GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- Madhu Raghunathan, Product Strategy Leader – Downstream Technologies, GE Healthcare Life Sciences
4. Preparing for and Managing FDA Audits
- Dina Maines, Managing Consultant, Compliance Architects
- Joe McGinnis, Senior Regulatory Compliance Advisor, Johnson & Johnson
5. Aseptic Facility Challenges/Sterility by Design
- Les Edwards, Regional Director, SKAN US, Inc.
- Sterling Kline, Vice President, IPS – Integrated Project Services
- Patrick Poisson, SVP & Chief Manufacturing Officer, United Therapeutics
6. Medicine Authenticity: From Seed to Solution with Leaps in Cannabis Progress
- Leslie Bocskor, Founder, President, Electrum Partners
- Pamela Johnston, Director, Electrum Partners
At the end of each day of the show, Russ and I met for a show wrap up video to discuss some of the highlights from the INTERPHEX Live discussions that day.
Check it out!