New York – The International Pharmaceutical Expo (INTERPHEX) plans to bring back several popular features for the 2016 trade show and conference to be held April 26 through 28 in New York.
The annual exhibit and conference, sponsored by the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA), brings together 10,000+ global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industry professionals with 600+ representing the full range of product development life cycle suppliers.
Returning this year will be “INTERPHEX Live” technical presentations, expanded exhibitor award categories, the tech savvy 3D printing pavilion, the show’s poster hall and awards program, the SKAN Engineering “Olympics,” the CRB Tech Tank sessions, and the IPS Technologies walking show floor tours offering insight into the latest equipment, innovation and manufacturing technologies.
INTERPHEX Live, held in conjunction with Pharmaceutical Processing, again will feature a series of interview sessions delivered in a “talk show” format, broadcast throughout the show floor, and archived for future viewing.
During the interviews, industry experts will share views and offer problem solving solutions to key issues currently facing the pharmaceutical community.
Presentations under development are expected to tackle critical topics, including:
- Tunable Continuous Processing: Reacting to Market Demand
- Preparing for and Managing FDA Audits
- Process Intensification: Doing More with Less
- Sourcing Unique Medicinal Agents from Natural Products
- Best Practices for a Successful Serialization Implementation
- Maintaining Control in a World with More Outsourcing
- CMOs and the Manufacture of Controlled Substances
- Energy Efficient Temperature, Humidity, and Microbial Control for Softgel Capsule Manufacturing
- Biosimilars: A Year Later
- War Stories: Another look at Tech Transfer
- Overcoming Facility Upgrade Challenges
- Aseptic Facility Challenges/Sterility by Design
- The Challenges of Assuring the Supply of Quality, Generic, and Vitally Needed Sterile Injectable Products
- Continued Advancements in Bio-Availability
- Large-Scale Continuous Processing in the Age of Single-Use
- Implementing AR/VR in Biopharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing
- Developing a Patent Strategy with Your CMO
The INTERPHEX Live interviews are scheduled to take place over the three-day period direct from the Crystal Palace, the name given to the 150-foot glass lobby at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, site of INTERPHEX 2016.
In addition to the returning features, new for 2016 will be a keynote series featuring industry experts offering perspectives on hot topics, a call-for-papers technical conference, a DME Alliance Facility Focus, and a show floor concert with Right Turn at Forty, Dave DiProspero’s band.
The new keynote series will present industry experts offering perspectives on hot industry topics. Details will be announced shortly, according to INTERPHEX.
The DME Facility Focus, scheduled for April 26, is designed to create a dialog within the pharmaceutical community regarding how to meet challenges. In two panel discussions, the program will take what seem to be good concepts and turn them into practical facility designs, according to DME.
By focusing on the perspectives of people who are intimately involved in the industry, organizers hope to draw out a better understanding of how the industry is evolving and better forecast what a future facility might look like.
The April panels are titled: Industry Speaks: Transforming cGMP Manufacturing Facilities, 10:30–11:30 a.m. and Trending Technologies in Sterile Product Manufacturing Facilities, 1–2 p.m.
Registration for INTERPHEX 2016 is available through the conference website. For further information, attendees may call customer service at 888-334-8704 or 203-840-5648.
Organizers advise international attendees to register in advance in order to be eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant visa letter request to travel to New York City. Additional information on the letter request can be obtained via email to email@example.com.